Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friendship Swap


I recently attended the Club Scrap Retreat (see Paul and me wearing cowboy hats!), and about 50 of us signed up to swap pages about ourselves. It's a great way to learn more about each other, and have a lasting memory of the friendships formed through scrapbooking and crafting together. I decided this year to make my books from the kit made especially for the Retreat. This year, it was called Bandanarama. Although it technically has a country-western theme, the colors and designs are completely adaptable to any project you have in mind. I love the post-bound album I created. The colors are rich, and lots of fun. This is a great memory of the weekend, and something that I will really enjoy.

My page for the swap is below. One photo is from our trip to England, while the other is from our snowshoeing adventure earlier in the year. I love pictures of me on snowshoes for some reason!


We also swapped "twinchies," or two inch square pieces of art. I decided to put these in little pockets, so I could pull them out of the pocket to see the text on the back. Most of the ladies wrote their name on the back. My twinchie is in the upper left corner, and uses a really cool herringbone technique that everyone at Club Scrap has gone cuckoo over. This is the cover page for the second album.

I don't often do swaps, but I love doing these swaps for retreat. It's nice to have so many memories, and learn more about all of my Club Scrap friends. It's really touching that so many of us took the time to share a bit of ourselves with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...