Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Basket from a French Fry Container!

P1030758
I was very happy to receive one of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies (Tattered Florals) in the mail last week, and couldn't wait to use it on a project.  I adore the vintage look of his new dies, and I'm going to have a lot of fun creating with them.

I took the Sizzix french fry box to make this sweet and non-traditional Easter basket.  It was easiest to decorate this before assembling.  For easy assembly (I made 16 in one night!) try this:
  • Die cut all of the pieces
  • Stamp all of the pieces as desired (I used the Ivory Elegance stamp from Club Scrap to create a nice scroll work; this particular stamp is no longer available)
  • Punch holes in all of the sides (the Crop-a-dile made this easy work, since I could punch about 8 pieces of card stock at a time)
  • Pierce hole in center of flowers and front of french fry box
  • Attach flowers with a brad (I chose an initial from the recipient's name)
  • Fold all of the pieces and reinforce with bone folder
  • Put adhesive on all of the flaps
  • Assemble the box (Sizzix has a great pdf that shows all of the steps)
  • Put eyelets in the holes on the side pieces
  • Tie ribbon (15 inches was a nice length)
  • Fill with grass and candy
  • Sit back and admire your handy work!
I made these for my co-workers to thank them for everything they do to make my job easier.  I couldn't do my job without their help.  I hope they enjoy the sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...