Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sympathy Card for a Friend

I needed to make a sympathy card for a friend whose mother has passed away.  When I'm not sure what supplies to use, I really like turning to my Club Scrap kits.  Everything coordinates, so with just a little effort, I have a fabulous card.



I was inspired by card highlighted by Hero Arts on their twitter feed earlier this week. I really liked how the card used a floral silhouette image that was embossed.  That inspiration led me to emboss the Queen Anne's Lace image in copper on the green cardstock.  In person, the background is metallic and raised.  Very cool.

I'm not a big fan of dreary cards, so I chose some greens and blues that blend nicely together, but are a little on the brighter side.

To tie my "bow" on the card, I placed my ribbon along the card, and tied a separate piece into a knot.  If you look closely, you'll see that the bow is just attached on top of the ribbon with a glue dot.  Very simple, and takes away some of the frustration I used to have with trying to tie a bow.

Supplies used:
  • Cardstock from Club Scrap (Refresh, Asian Artisan, Painted Desert with Collections print)
  • Queen Anne's Lace stamp from Club Scrap
  • Sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly
  • Ribbon from my stash (it's been on my desk a while, begging me to use it!)
  • Die cut label from a Spellbinders die (Labels Eight)

1 comment:

  1. Deb, that is a really beautiful card. I am sure your friend will see the beauty in it. I hope that this card will brighten up his/her day and that they know how special you are as a friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...