Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Photo Twist-about project

As part of Club Scrap's Weekend of Workshops, I made this lovely Twist-about project.

Twist about - 1

The box is mounted on a lazy-susan type bearing, which allows it to rotate around 360 degrees.

Twist about - 2

On the top, and each side of the album, I have a decorated panel.  I used a central quote surrounded by a variety of stamped images.

There are four little books inside this box.

Twist about - 3

On the inside of each book, I repeated the travel collage idea.  The loose waxed linen thread will later have beads, or ephemera from the album on it.  I haven't decided yet how to finish those details.

Twist about - 4

For some reason, I forgot to take a picture of it, but there is a decorated panel inside the drawer at the bottom, too.  I'm going to use this album to keep some special pictures from our vacations.  We've been to England several times, Mackinaw Island, Bayfield, and Traverse City, and have some really great pictures form each place.  I think this will make a nice decorative item in our living room.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Have to ckeck this out and made one too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...