Monday, November 01, 2010

Organization tip #3: Rubber stamp storage

I love rubber stamps.  Lately, I love unmounted stamps, because they are so easy to store.  My unmounted rubber stamps are stored in three-ring binders.  Each stamp set is in a plastic sleeve.  The front of the sleeve has a sheet of cardstock with index images.  I write the category of the stamps on the cardstock.  I try not to use too many categories (All Occasion, Nature, Great Outdoors, Borders & Backgrounds, Hobbies, and Nostalgic).

Stamps are stored in plastic page protectors.  The front of each page protector is a piece of cardstock with the images printed on it.

I print the index images on a second sheet of cardstock that I run through my xyron laminator.  My rubber stamps are coated with a tacky glue that allows repositioning (I like the Mount It glue sold by Club Scrap, or Aleene's Tack it Over and Over).


I make a paper copy of each index page and put them in a three ring binder.  This way, I can sort through my images without pulling the larger binder off the shelf.

My wood mounted stamps are stored in some various ways.  Some of the Stampin' Up! stamps are still in their boxes, but others are unmounted or stored loose in a cabinet.  I didn't get to do too much sorting of stamps yet, but I hope that I'll have time to do a purging of those soon to make room in my cabinet.

How do you store your stamps?  Do you like unmounted or mounted stamps better?  Cling, rubber or acrylic?  I'd love to hear what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the UMs too! I keep mine in 3-ring zippered binders much like your system. I'm currently unmounting a good share of my WM stamps to allow for this more efficient use of space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep debating about unmounting my wood stamps, but it's more work than I want to do right now, particularly as I'm buying fewer of them. I did stop mounting some of them from Stampin' Up! a long time ago, so that has helped!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...