Monday, November 14, 2011

Hand stitched book with snowflake spacers

Sometimes, I like to put too many layers in a book, like matted photos and embellishments.  Putting spacers in the spine helps let you put more embellishments in a book while still allowing it to close. This book features a hand-stamped cover with snowflakes:


I folded white pieces of paper in half before using a snowflake border die (Snow Flurries) to cut the open edge.  Every other signature in the book had a snowflake folded around it.  Here is what the spacer looks like in the book:

I really liked using the lavender and blue papers in this book.  It gives an icy look, but yet it's different than the usual winter colors.

All of my stitched books use an exposed spine and hand-waxed linen thread.  Here is a close-up of my stitching:

The band on the cover wraps around the book cover so that it is continuous on the front cover.  Here is a close up of the stamping and focal image on the cover:

The stamps, paper, and ribbon are all from Club Scrap.  The paper comes from Destinations - a kit themed around travel.  I really liked the colors for winter, though, so I used the plain papers in this book.

I think this book would be a great place to record winter memories, and remind of you of the snow when it's warm outside.  I'm also excited to try this technique with other edge dies. I recently got the Scrollwork die from Sizzix, and the Classic Scallop die from Spellbinders.  I think these will also make great borders, and you need a die cutting machine to cut the two layers of cardstock.

1 comment:

  1. Love this snowflake book :) will make a great book for holiday memories
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...