Monday, December 12, 2011

Paper pieced cards inspired by a card

Debbie Olson recently had a card on her blog (Merry Kiss-mas) that inspired me to make these cards.

One thing I liked about her cards was her use of patterned paper and stitching.  I don't do a lot of stitching on my cards, so I used a black pen to draw stitches.

I also liked how she had a small focal point, and it wasn't overly elaborate.  I had fun searching through my stamps and found these adorable images that I haven't used in a long time.  Instead of coloring the image, I stamped on patterned paper, and then paper pieced some of the bits, like the star and button.

I wanted to add a greeting to the front, so I stamped tiny greeting, rounded the edge, and used my tiny attacher to give a little oomph to the right edge.

I'm starting to use tools like EverNote and Pinterest to collect ideas and then scan through them for inspiration.  It was a lot of fun to use Debbie's card as a starting point, and see how I could use my supplies to make it my own.  How have others inspired you?  How do you organize all of those pieces of inspiration?  Patterned paper and stamps are from Stampin' Up!; other cardstock from various Club Scrap kits.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job, Deb! Where in the U.P. are you?

    Debbie Olson

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...