Thursday, March 29, 2012

Springpunk challenge - Mind the gap, pip, pip!

Since I'm married to a brit, I am absolutely loving all of the british stamps and papers coming out this year.

I fell in love with a new series of London stamps by Artistic Outpost, and couldn't resist entering the "springpunk" challenge - instead of "steampunk".


It was definitely a challenge to use these urban stamps in a bright and cheery way - but it does help that they included "cheerio!" as a greeting.  I found this monochromatic Bazzill paper that was singing "use me!" tonight, and decided to create a pink and magenta background with masked images from the sets I have.

I used a square punch (turned at an angle) to clip off the ends of the paper strips to make a banner that would stand out on the background.

I'm thinking these stamps will see a lot of use this summer! I've used the Loverly London and London Underground sets here, but I'm thinking that London Elements might need to find a space in my home, too.

3 comments:

  1. Love those stamps in pink ... so fresh and fun ... awesome collage card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:57 PM

    very cool! perfect color choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful monochromatic collage. Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...