Monday, December 14, 2015

Color Burst Powders - quick and easy cards

When I at the Club Scrap retreat this year (registration for next year's is open now!), one of my favorite classes was with the delightful Tricia Morris.  She introduced us to color burst powders.

One technique we learned in class was to emboss a panel using an embossing folder, rub some oil pastels over the top, and then sprinkle with powders and spritz with water.

I love these classes because I learn a technique in Wisconsin, and then I bring the panels home to finish making the cards with my own stamps and embellishments.  Doesn't the white pigment ink look fabulous on the black paper?

In order to use the card design I wanted, I needed to trim a little off to make them "fit."  So, I had lots of strips left over.  I combined them into one panel to make yet another card. This card also uses the wonderful gold pigment ink Club Scrap introduced this year.

You can also combine the color burst powders with stencils and masks for some really great effects.

And, of course, you can just play with swiping up color from a craft mat, or sprinking to make fabulous backgrounds.  This was embellished with some classic stamps from Club Scrap.

As you go along, you create quite a mess.  It's great to have a piece of cardstock ready to swipe up all of that gorgeous color.  Then, you can make even more fabulous backgrounds for more cards. This text stamp is embossed in white on top of the color burst background, and this makes it just pop.


Come back on Saturday to see how these powders inspired me to play with the Watercolor Christmas stamps from Club Scrap!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...